Friday, January 16, 2015

Terror alarm in Belgium

Yesterday, an unseen police action did away with two terrorists, and arrested others. According to the police statement, these terrorists threatened to murder someone high up in the police force and would also bomb buildings.

Right now, people are afraid. At least some of them. In my own town, the police station is not freely open to the public any more. You need to ring the bell and identify yourself. No problem for me, but probably for some living here...

How would you cope with terror? Would you be afraid, not daring to leave your home?  Or would you just continue like any other day?

I don't care. You have to die once. And being afraid never gets you anywhere. I can't honestly say I've ever been afraid. I lived through a car crash when I was just twenty - and during those long seconds of awaiting a loud 'bang' - I did not feel anything. My sister and I also were on a plane that could explode any second. Also not afraid. Just read on in my novel instead of praying to a god I don't believe in. If I had to go, I was at least with my sister. That was enough for me.

Any responses are welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment