Thursday, July 16, 2015

Hate it when things go agley

Originally, I wanted to write my blog yesterday evening. But...

As the weather was not so good, my sister decided to check the roof for leaks (we have a flat at the highest floor of the building, so the roof is just above our heads). All seemed ok, but beneath one of the chimneys, there was a (very small) bulb in the plaster. So Chris wanted to fix this. She probed the bulb - and a big chunck of the ceiling came down!

Serious problems, right? We told the guy who's responsible for the upkeep of the building, and the roof will be fixed, but in the meantime we had to see that no more plaster came down, and afterwards needed to clean up the place.

We were busy until well past 10 pm and even today, you still find a light layer of dust on tables and furniture. So more cleaning today...

Yeah, right, I wish I were back in the south of France!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment