Thursday, August 13, 2015

Thunderstorms

While I'm writing this blog, I can view lightning coming down and hear the roar of thunder. I like to watch these storms through my window, and I'm not afraid of them.



Already as a child, we were taught to take precautions when a thunderstorm was setting in. We unplugged all our electrical devices and kept doors and windows closed. Nothing bad ever happened.

Thanks to these precautions, ours was the only house where lightning did not struck during  a particularly violent thunderstorm somewhere in the 1990's. I remember the sky was yellow like sulphur and thunder felt like an earthquake. Lightning struck one of the dividers in the street, and every device which was left plugged in went to pieces. Ours were the only one to survive that storm.

Are you afraid of thunder and lightning?

No comments:

Post a Comment