Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Who's afraid to voice his/her opinion?

We live in dangerous times. Once we fought revolutions to be able to voice our opinion, but nowadays it can be dangerous to say what you think.

In my chosen profession, education, you have to teach students to have a free opinion. But at the same time you have to make them aware they can't always give it. Also us teachers are not always free to speak our mind. That's why I generally remain on the surface when asked for my ideas. I only voice them at home, where my sister thinks the same way.

I do have an opinion about most things. I can speak my mind about things that are not too sensitive, but I'd rather be quiet about politics, all sorts of crises in the world (like the problem with the fugitives in Greece), about religion, ... It's too dangerous a matter and it would offend some people who read this blog. Yet I'd want to say what I think and not be afraid of the consequences.

Do you think there will ever come a time when this is possible?

No comments:

Post a Comment