Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Bucket list

Now that I'm 60 years old (or should I say, young?) it's maybe time to make up a bucket list of things I want to do before I die...

Gee, just thinking about it is hard. I suppose I'm extremely lucky to have done a lot of things already. I had a wonderful childhood with loving parents and grandparents who doted on us. We could travel and most of the time had things before any other had them. Nevertheless, we never suffered from bullying at school. We learned to speak several languages and from a young age enjoyed good food and fine wines.

But there are still a few things left.

So here goes:

1) I want to see all the continents of the world
 
Status: have already been in Europe (live there, but been to Holland, France, Germany, UK, Ireland, Spain, Portugal, Norway, Denmark, Italy, Greece, Switzerland, Austria, Slovenia, Russia, Rumania, and shall be visiting Sweden and Hungary later this year).
North America: some US states (New York, Vermont, Massachussetts, Rhode Island, Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, California, Nevada and Alaska) and regions in Canada (Québec, Alberta, British Columbia).
South America: been to Peru and Bolivia.
Asia: visit to Thailand.
TOTAL: 26 countries visited

2) I want to write a bestseller

Status: still trying! Next novel will appear in February 2017. (Find out more at www.nickiefleming.be)

3) I want to take a ride in a helicopter

Status: not done yet

Not many, I do admit. But better this than nothing. Care to share your bucket lists?

No comments:

Post a Comment