Tuesday, October 2, 2018

A new hobby

Lately, I've discovered a new hobby. Well, discover... I did it a long time ago as well, putting together jigsaw puzzles with my granddad. In those days we had a big table which was only used for parties, so most of the time we could use it to lay out the puzzle. I suppose the boxes with the puzzles are still somewhere up the attic, stowed away in the top notch of the house. One of these days I'll take a ladder to climb into this cubby hole - there's this little door above the entrance to the attic room that gives way to a low space where boxes are kept. Probably from a long time ago!

Nowadays you have jigsaw puzzles online, and I like trying to put together those images. It's good for the memory, especially when you're growing older!

I guess that keeping busy, in mind as well as bodily, helps you to keep fit and (hopefully) live longer and healthier. People sometimes ask me if I don't get bored now that I'm not working anymore. The answer is 'no'. There is always so much you can do in a day - reading, writing, running errands, keeping the house clean, washing and ironing, spending time on a hobby...

How do you like to spend your time?


No comments:

Post a Comment