Thursday, October 4, 2018

World Animal Day

Give an extra cuddle to your cat or a special bone to your dog, because it's World Animal Day today! Our pets deserve the best.


According to an article in this morning's newspaper, we Belgian spend a lot of money on our pets. Easily more than 2000,00 € a year, in food, toys, etc.

I can easily believe that. We used to have a cat, nicknamed Pluche. He died years ago, and since we're so much away to the coast or on trips, we decided not to take another one after that. It wouldn't be fair on the poor animal.

Our Pluche didn't want any kind of food. No, what concerned tin food he only ate the most expensive! And rather he ate along with us - dad used to fill his plate with tidbits of steak or salmon. His favorite food were mussels. When I went to buy them from the fish shop, I had not yet reached the door, but the cat was already waiting for me. He would climb up my arm to get one mussel already. All through the time the mussels were being prepared, he stayed in the kitchen and we had to burn our fingers to pick some mussels out for him. When we finally ate, one kilo of mussels was bought especially for the cat!!!

I love cats, but dogs seem to like me too. I never had one, but whenever I meet one, it comes to greet me. I don't know why - I have the same with little kids.

What are you, a cat person or a dog person? Or do you have other pets?

No comments:

Post a Comment