Friday, August 23, 2019

On my own

My sister returned home yesterday evening (and while near to the station, she remembered she had forgotten something, so I had to run back to the flat and fetch it before the train left...) to work at the office today. That means I'm all on my own for a while.

Yesterday evening I watched the film of Les Misérables and then went to bed. I woke up around 8 am and after breakfast I put in some washing. While the machine did its work, I did away with a bunch of ironing. Yes, I always keep busy when I'm on my own. That way times goes by faster.

Right now, the washing is done and the fresh linen hangs out to dry outside. I've just made some coffee and am now at my computer. I'll read the newspaper and then go out to fetch a sandwich for lunch.

After lunch I'll read half an hour, and then go cleaning the bathroom. The rest of the afternoon I intend to spend relaxing in the sun on the terrace.

How do you cope with being on your own? Do you also keep busy while waiting for the other one to come home?

No comments:

Post a Comment