Thursday, October 17, 2019

Day against cancer

A yellow ribbon - a small gesture, but it means so much to all of those who suffer cancer.


The organisation Kom Op Tegen Kanker (Fight against cancer) is doing this already for the 20th time. It's a day, in which we fasten a yellow ribbon to our coat (or whatever) to show our solidarity with those who suffer the illness that still kills most people in our society.

When you walk through town, you'll notice plenty of people wearing yellow ribbons. As a cancer patient myself, I experience that most people have lots of empathy for cancer patients. All of my friends and acquaintances are truly relieved when I can tell my latest scan was more than okay.  They tell my how they like me feeling well - and for me, that's also a great feeling. I also appreciate my sister a lot, who does show me lots of sympathy and does all she can to keep me happy.

So: thanks a lot to all!


No comments:

Post a Comment