Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Back to ordinary life

Last Monday we took the train home to Dendermonde. Our extended stay at the coast was over, as my sister had to start work once more - the final three schoolyears, as she takes her pension on July 1st 2023. I'm already looking forward to that day! No more frustration and hectic life, no more talk of school and all the problems that arise...

So now it's back to normal life. At least here in Dendermonde we don't need to wear a face mask all the time. It's only obligatory in the shopping streets and when you enter a shop or a civil building, like the town's administration hall. For the rest you can walk without. I've already been taking walks a couple of times. The shops I frequent are easy to reach without having to go through the center of town. If you keep on the outside of the town ring, you only have to put on your mask before you enter the supermarket.

What I find weird is that I seem to forgotten where everything is in the house! I was so used to the flat and it's setout, so now I have to learn again where I put the sugar, cooking utensils, etc here at home!

In good two weeks' time the house next to us (where Willy used to live) will be sold online. I'm curious to see how much it will go. The house is in a much worse state than ours, but it will be a measure if we decide to sell ours as well when Christine takes her pension. We've been thinking about this for some years already, but haven't come to a decision yet. Financially it won't be a problem to keep on both the house and the flat, even on two pensions. But the house is a big one and asks for a lot of upkeeping. And of course we grow older by the year. The flat is smaller and easy to maintain. And you have everything you need in Heist. But my doctors are here and I'm used to them. Indeed, it will be a difficult decision - and we have to decide in the years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment