Sunday, April 16, 2023

Hope this can continue...

I don't know how it happened, but since I underwent the 5 sessions of radiology in the hospital of Aalst, I have been feeling better than ever.

At first I thought it could be because I had to stop taking my Cabometyx (the medicine that prevents growth of cancers) for a while. The months and weeks before that, I couldn't eat very well (was satisfied after a few bites), my feet hurt like hell and I had to take painkillers all the time, I was nauseous every week, ...) All these side-effects stopped as soon as I started the new treatment. 

After the radiology sessions I started with Cabometyx once more (guess I have to take it until I die) but up to now the side-effects haven't returned.

You can't imagine how that feels! Now I can have a glass of wine when dining out - and eat the full menu. The first time we did that was in Manchester. We both had a cocktail, then had wine with our dinner. And we ate a lot! Last Sunday we lunched in Mirage (one of our favorite restaurants here in Dendermonde) and I managed to enjoy the entire Easter menu as well. We finished a bottle of champagne (a present to my sister, from one of the people she works for) and I never got nauseous. My feet still don't hurt and I haven't had to take a paracetamol (the only painkiller I can have) for 7 weeks already!

I feel stronger as well.

I don't dare to hope that the metastasis on my pancreas will have gone. But perhaps my pancreas is working better now. I'm not a doctor, I don't know the reason, but I just hope this can continue for a while (and hopefull for ever). Be assured that I treasure each day I'm feeling great and enjoy every morsel I put between my teeth.

No comments:

Post a Comment