Wednesday, December 12, 2012

12-12-12

Today is a special day for those who believe in numerology. The 12th day of the 12th month, in the year 2012. It is the last time this century we can have such a series of numbers.

What's special about the number 12? Well, there are twelve months in a year, Christ had twelve apostles, ....

And it's exactly 12 days to go before the Apocalyps - at least if you believe in it!

Today, lots of couples have married in Belgium, those who were most fortunate, exactly at 12 minutes past twelve.

Also for Kim Clijsters this will be a special day. Tonight she plays her last match ever, against Venus Williams. She says goodbye to tennis and will spend more time with her daughter (and perhaps with other babies to come).

Now I don't know if this is really special or important, but also in my family numbers played a part. My grandmother had four children (3 boys, 1 girl). Two were born on the 2nd of a month, the other two on a 15th. My mother (who was born on March 2nd, 1930) gave birth to me on May 15th...

And what's even better, both my sister and I were born exactly at 8.45 am!

I also play with the same set of numbers when I fill in a lottery form. I believe it brings luck.

What about you? How important are numbers to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment