Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Another year gone by

And the tachometer goes to... 57. Higher number, but still feeling young at heart. But the older you get, the faster time seems to go by.


 The past year was a reasonable good one for me. It began with some worries about my health, but after thorough examinations my doctors could assure me I'm still functioning well enough and if I take my daily meds I need not worry. I can easily become 100 or more!

Yes, I really can't complain. I realize this especially now, with this disaster in Wetteren (the place I work). It could just as well have happened in our town, and as we live near the rail tracks, we could have been in a lot of danger.

I wish I'd had some more money, but who doesn't? I have more than enough, I own the house in which we live, I can spend money on trips and other extra's, ... This past year we certainly broadened our horizons. We visited Cardiff, Wales twice (in May 2012 and April 2013), went to London (July 2012 and March 2013) and Liverpool (July 2012 and April 2013), spent a week on the Isle of Man (in July 2012), went another week in winter to Scuol, Switzerland (February 2013) ... and ended in Amsterdam, Holland. And we have more trips to look out for.

We went dining in some fine restaurants and saw some good shows and artists. Work is satisfactory too. I only work half time, but at my age this is a blessing. Especially when you deal with youngsters of 17 and have to prepare & correct a lot. And now the exams are coming up (when any of my students read this, your exams are nearly finished, guys).

Lots of friends remembered me today and I thank them all. My sister baked a cake and we'll eat some of it later on, together with a glass of bubbly. And then on towards 58...

No comments:

Post a Comment