Thursday, September 26, 2013

How do you spend your money?

As we are all individuals, there are many way of how to treat money.

Some see it just as something they need to pay the bills. Others think it is a reward for hard work. It really doesn't matter, what counts is what you do with this money.

I'm sure psychologists would put people into different categories. I don't claim to be one, but I can easily distinguish some types.

There are the savers. They put aside everything they don't need (and sometimes also which they DO need, but don't see it that way) and save up to buy a house, a car, whatever.

There are the spenders. Easily gained, easily thrown away. No savings to fall back when times get harder. All the money gone by the end of the month (which sometimes results in huge debts).

And then there are those who know the value of money but also like to get something out of life.

I guess my sister and I belong to the last category. We are careful with our money, and we do have something set aside for bad times - but we can easily decide to go to a concert and spend some 1,000 Euro on it. No regrets, only good memories. Why should we save up everything? We don't have kids, no grandchildren, only far away relatives who don't give a damn whether we live or die. They'll never get our money when we die. Which brings me to inheritances. What we did is to make up a will which donates everything to the good cause. They won't have to pay a lot of registration taxes and the good cause will be helped. I'm quite happy with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment