Friday, July 13, 2018

Blackmail

Yesterday I discovered that someone (a rather stupid person, btw) hacked my email account and blackmailed me. I was to pay $2900,00 or he/she would send mails to all my contacts with my 'secret'.

Well, the content of this mail didn't bother me. If that person knew me well, he'd know I don't have burried secrets. Or nude pics of myself. Or that I'm over 60. But what did bother me was he got hold of a password I use for certain sites.

So first of all, I called the police, who immediately sent an inspector to take down my complaint. They took it rather seriously and said they will do their best to discover who sent this mail.

Then I spent the rest of the evening of changing my password to all the sites where I used the hacked one. I also put a black sticker over my webcam. Better be safe than sorry. The inspector also told me I should warn him if the blackmailer sends another message. Probably won't do that, but you never know. Such lowlives only want money. And alas, lots of people will pay their blackmailers.

Has anyone had the same experience?


No comments:

Post a Comment