Sunday, August 11, 2019

Gone with the wind

Yesterday was a totally crazy day! The sun was shining, but at the same time there was a gale force (5-6 Beaufort) blowing. When we closed the entrance door to our block of flats, waves of sand came rolling in.

We made a rather long walk nevertheless. Luckily I have a hair coupe that doesn't allow the hair to blow into my face, but I suppose I looked like a crazy professor (Einstein type)! My sister had to tie her hair up because it was just impossible otherwise.

When we returned, we had sand everywhere on our body. A quick shower took care of that. But what was worse, we had to keep most windows closed, as the wind raged heavily on the rooftop. And I don't like it when there's no air.

Fortunately, late evening the wind began to lose power. By the time we got to bed, we could at last open up two (smaller) windows to let in some fresh air.

Did anyone else experience this gale force?

No comments:

Post a Comment