Thursday, July 2, 2020

Preparing for a longer stay

Tomorrow we'll head to our place at the coast to spend most of the summer there. As we've been having this place since 1993, we have pretty much everything we also have at home in Dendermonde. We have a washing machine and dishwasher, there is linen and clothes + shoes.

But nevertheless you need to take some measures when you'll be away from home for a longer time. I need to ask a neighbor to keep a reserve key (our former neighbor Willy used to do this, but he passed away last year in October) and check if everything's allright every now and then. We had to apply to have our post send to the other address (filling in a form with BPost and paying for the weeks involved). Have to keep my finances up to date and kept on USB, so I can transfer them to my pc in Heist. Not forget my sunglasses! Count out my pills to last me until the end of August...

All small things, but they keep you occupied for some time. Hopefully it's going to be a nice summer. As long as it doesn't rain too much, it'll be okay for us. Sunshine is appreciated but not necessary.

And what about your summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment