Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Parcels, parcels, parcels

The lockdown is definitely a boost for the online sales! Here in Belgium all non-essential shops (such as fashion shops, shoe stores, furniture galleries, etc.) are closed and will probably remain so for a longer while.

But the festive season is coming ahead and people need to buy presents for their dearest. On December 6th we celebrate Saint-Nicholas, then Christmas and New Year arrive. And of course, you don't only need to buy presents. You also need ordinary stuff, and normally you go to the shop and buy it. Now you have to order online, and as a result you see delivery vans stopping in the street all the time. DHL, Post NL, Belgian post, ... 

Our Belgian post system isn't coping well. They have trouble going through the vast amount of parcels waiting to be delivered. At the end of last week, they made a statement they wouldn't deliver a certain percentage of these parcels at home, but people need to collect them themselves at some depot or other. You can image the reaction! The minister who deals with the postal system talked with the board of directors and now they've agreed that all parcels will be delivered - only it could take some time! 

Personally, I prefer other services than Belgian post. I don't have a big regard for BPost. Last summer, they managed to claim I no longer live at my address and so they didn't deliver any mail/parcels anymore. Took me a few weeks to sort this out!!

Today, I'm expecting two deliveries. One of them is a parcel from Amazon and the other one from Marks&Spencer. Normally we buy a lot at M&S when we are in the UK, but for the biggest part of the year, this has been impossible and so I now order online. I know my sizes and can safely do that.


No comments:

Post a Comment