Sunday, August 15, 2021

Summer is reaching its end

 One more week to go, and then it's back to work for my sister. Hard work, working not the normal office hours, but nights at home and weekends. It's always like that when a new schoolyear begins. 

Chris still has to work two schoolyears before she can start her pension. Normally she could have ended working now, but some years ago the government made changes to the pension, and as a result she has to work two years longer before she has the right to pension. 

Talking about pension, right now I have my full pension money. When I turned 65, I got an extra upon my government pension. It's not much, but the more, the better! Yesterday, our national newspaper published the wages of those who work for the government. When I saw these, I was smiling, because I don't have a lot less for a pension - and I don't have to work for it anymore.

It's not been a very nice summer this year. Actually, it's one of the worst we experienced for the last decade. We had about 10 sunny days in July and up to now, we only have had 2 in August. Though it's dry, there isn't a lot of sun today as well. For me a nice day qualifies as this: a clear blue sky and sun until late at night. 

We return  home in the week of August 23rd. I need to be there too, as we have a 'date' with the electrician who's going to revise our electricity system. And I also have to go for a control visit to the hospital. Luckily there is something to look forward to: a weekend Antwerp middle September (main reason: attending a concert) and a weekend Brussels later that month. 

No comments:

Post a Comment