Thursday, February 10, 2022

Listen to the rhythm of the falling rain

So boring! I really don't like rain. When it's raining, I feel cold, even though the room is warm enough. And rain is rather depressing. I'm in a much better mood when the sun is out.

The past summer was one of the worst we had since decades. Lots of rain and clouded skies. And fall was only a bit better. We had one month when the weather was okay, that was September. Later on, the rain was dominant once more. 

You can claim that rain is better than bitter cold. In fact, temperatures haven't been low this winter yet. But I do prefer dry cold (even when it goes well beneath -10° C) to rain. Dry cold gives me warm feet, and that has always been like this.

I really hope that comes spring and summer we'll get some nicer weather. A long, hot summer would be appreciated. I remember some memorable ones, like the one of  1976, those of1994 and 1995, the one of 2003, and the last one of 2013. Luckily we have some travel plans that will give us some guarantees on sunshine. Late in May we'll head to Spain and in July we'll be in the Baltic states. The east of Europe has another climate than our parts, and their summers are hot and dry. At least then we'll be able to catch a bit of sun on our skin and some vitamine D.

What kind of person are you? Do you love the sun or the rain?

No comments:

Post a Comment