Friday, September 2, 2022

Slowly recovering

Yesterday was the first day after my surgery that I was able to leave the house for a walk. I must admit I felt a bit tired afterwards, though. Today, I've gone outside as well, doing some light shopping. I am forbidden to lift heavy objects for a while and also to exercise too much. 

It's now three weeks since the op. The surgeon said I should give it at least 6 weeks to make a full recovery. I'll be happy when that happens!

Curious, though, that a relative small op causes more problems than a major one! Five years ago, I underwent surgery because my right kidney (along with a big tumor) had to be removed. All went well, I spent a short week in the hospital, and when I went home I felt fine. 

Now I could go home the same day, but the aftereffects take a lot longer. 

It makes me less fit, quicker tired. That's the reason why I'm slacking up here in my blog. Hopefully all will get better in a week or two!

No comments:

Post a Comment