Friday, October 14, 2022

Only positive news

We're already in the middle of October! By now, I finally seem to be recovered from my surgery early in August.

Although it was a minor surgery (I went in around noon and was back home early in the evening), it took some time for every wound to heal and every function return to normal. I was forbidden to move a lot the first days, could not lift things or help around the house. 

I only began to resume my normal day schedule at the end of September. From then on, I could leave the hosue to do some shopping (nothing heavy). I resumed cleaning two weeks ago. Moving around furniture and such takes some energy, which I did not possess before.

For the rest, I took my second booster shot last week (so did Christine) and am now protected against covid. 

We haven't been away after Newbury, due to my surgery, but now we are looking forward to a whole series of upcoming trips. At the end of this month, we are spending a weekend in Antwerp, mostly to see a concert in Het Sportpaleis. Then, during the Christmas holidays, we are going to Milan and from there to Scuol in Switzerland. In 2023 we begin the year with a trip to Iceland, then comes a trip to Egypt, afterwards one to the Netherlands and to England, another one to Albania and Morocco. And most likely, we'll be travelling to Australia at the end of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment