Saturday, February 9, 2019

Quiet weekend at home

Sometimes you need a quiet weekend, just staying at home and doing (practically) nothing. Just been to the supermarket to fetch what we need for the weekend - do some baking, soup making and preparing dinner & lunch. We cook every day, even did when both of us were working. I think you need to make time for cooking. When you make something common, it often doesn't take more than half an hour - and there's something tasty on your plate. I can't understand all those young people who claim they don't have time to make dinner! Until two years ago, we were both working full time and we didn't have any help around the house. Managed to do everything by ourselves - and spend time on our hobbies. If we could, why can't they?

And I also find it important to eat together. I don't have to wake up the same time as my sister, who still needs to go to work for some time, but I get up at the same time so we can have breakfast together. And we also share the table at dinner. Only lunch is a solo affair, because it's too difficult for Chris to return to the house to have lunch there.

For the rest, intend to do some reading - always was my favorite passtime. And perhaps watch some TV in the evening, a glass of good red wine in my hand. I'm lucky that I'm not forbidden to eat or drink anything I like. I can have wine, as long as I don't drink too many.

And how will you spend your weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment