Friday, January 3, 2020

Almost back to everyday life

These are the last days of the two weeks of Chrismas holidays. Well, at least for my sister (I have eternal holiday as I'm into my pension). But for the coming four years we still have to deal with the school holidays.

After our trip to Egypt we decided to stay at home - and we could well use it because the trip was rather tiring. We made excursions every day from early morning to evening. That's when you start to realize you aren't 20 anymore! And most strangely, I feel less tired than my sister, who is nearly five years younger...

It's rather quiet here in town. Not much going on. With our neighbor Willy dead (he died in October last year) the house on the right side of ours is empty and only the Polish neighbors on the left side remain. They are our age.

Everything will go back to normal when the schools open on Monday. Then our street is busy with kids riding their bikes to school, or just walking to it. And also there are more customers in the shops, especially now that the sales period has started.

Before we know it, we'll be leaving for South Africa!

No comments:

Post a Comment