Thursday, January 30, 2020

Preparations

Not long now before we head to South Africa. Time to take stock of what's going into my suitcase!

Recently, I have a bit of a problem finding enough clothes to take along. I've lost quite some bit of weight and am now somewhere between UK size 14 and 12 (coming from 16). Ladies: I don't advice you to follow my 'diet' - I takes having cancer and swallowing poisoned pills every day, but it is guaranteed to make you lose enough kilo's.

My problem is, that what I bought last season is often already too big now. I have to buy skinny jeans, they fit best on my now form. The last one is still ok, but the one I got last year is already a bit wide on the legs. Same goes for skirts. I've donated most of them to my sister already. She has also lost some weight and can now wear what I wore two years ago. But that leaves me with practically nothing. I have two summer skirts that are my size (and now's not the right time to buy summer clothing). They'll have to do. Luckily I also have two pairs of linen trousers which still fit (after some small alterations) and the jeans I mentioned. Plus a bermuda and a pair of shorts.

Tops and t-shirts are more or less ok. It doesn't matter that they are a bit wide, you can wear them that way. And I have heaps of these.

Luckily both my sister and I don't pack too much when travelling. We only take the necessary. Our dad always used to say: when you pack a suitcase, see that you can carry it. A good advice. My biggest suitcase is not even that big - middle-sized I should say. Even when filled I can easily pick it up and carry it for some time when the wheels are of no use (the steps up and down in the railway station, for instance).

What I also should not forget is a hat or a cap. Still deciding whether to take the one from Mexico or the one from Nice. We'll see.


No comments:

Post a Comment