Thursday, April 30, 2020

Mouth & nose protection

Newt week Monday, the factories and industries are allowed to start work again - and trains, buses and trams will be running on their full schedule once more.

The government decrees we'll have to wear a mouth mask when using public transport. Problem is, they promised to get every Belgian one, but aren't managing (like always) to have them in time. They suggested you make them yourself.

Now that's all well, but what when you don't have the ability to sew? The only thing I manage is to sew on a button. My sister has the knowledge, but her sewing machine broke down some years ago, and I don't want to spend some 300 Euro for a new one, just to make ourselves a couple of mouth masks.

So I went searching the web. Didn't come up with a lot of results, though. Found a site where they sold masks, but they cost like 38 € a piece. That's a bit stoeep! Then yesterday I heard an interview on the radio. It was a manager talking, he had a sewing atelier in Bruges and he said they're gonna make mouth masks to sell. I went online and noticed they only asked 5 € a piece. So I quickly ordered a number for my sister and I. Hopefully, we'll receive them in the course of the coming week, as there is a possibility we'll be able to visit the seaside on May 20th.

In Belgium they always run behind the facts. The politicians talk a lot - but mostly nonsense. They are not able to speak directly about a problem. And they never suggest a solution, either; How I wish we'd have someone who could deal with this crisis in a decided manner!

No comments:

Post a Comment