Thursday, January 28, 2021

Another year of scans has begun

Today I had to go into hospital to have my first scan of the year. Per year I need 3 scans: one in January, one in May and the third one in September. I need these to see what's happening in my abdomen. After my right kidney and a rather big tumor were removed by operation, there remained some spots on my lungs and one on my pancreas. By taking Votrient (which I call my daily poison - and which was rather poisonous in the beginning!) they were largely reduced to tiny flecks - and up to now they remain this way. Got the all clear for another 4 months.

It was pretty busy in the hospital, despite it being closed to visitors due to a corona outbreak in the intensive care unit. Plus they were down one scanner, as the second one is being replaced by a newer model.

But the nurses at the day clinic were cheerful as always. I like going there. They know you by now, and there's always a friendly chat to be had. Also you get to know some of the patients who come there regularly. it

After getting the all clear I walked home (it's only a walk of about 20 minutes, because you can take a road through a park and along the municipal swimming pool). It was raining hard this morning (didn't forget my umbrella in the hospital) but now it's slowly drying up.

Feel a bit tired of spending a long time in hospital. That's always the case. Will sleep well tonight!



No comments:

Post a Comment