Sunday, September 5, 2021

And now it's summer!

Typical! The summer vacation has ended - and it was a summer best to forget, with only 16 days of nice weather during two months! - and at last the weather has turned. The sun is out and the temperature reaches 24-25° Celsius. It could be so for the whole of the week.

The weather is Belgium is a strange thing. And our scienticifists can do so much, only not regulate the weather - they'd better try that, instead of shooting rockets to the Moon or Mars. Wouldn't it be lovely if during the day in the summertime, the sun was shining and then, at night, there would fall a bit of rain to keep the farmers satisfied? And that the Sahel region in Africa would get more rain, so the desert would become a agricultural area? 

One can only hope. 

Anyway, the coming week I'll be able to do my shopping in the sunshine. No need for an umbrella. Makes the walk (because I do my shopping on foot, it's not so far to the supermarkets I regularly visit, a walk of about 20 minutes) the more enjoyable. I have a caddy to put everything away, and this keeps the muscles in my arm strong (work-out without having to pay for it). And all that walking is good for my legs and the rest of my body. I'm still fit, despite my 65 years. 

No comments:

Post a Comment