Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Here comes autumn!

When we woke up this morning, it was a whole change. Gone was the mild temperature we'd been having for days, gone was the sun. Instead there was rain and a rather nasty wind. Summer has gone (although it wasn't much of a summer, only September was at it should be) and now we're into autumn.

Daylight is shortening quickly nowadays. It's already dark around 7.30 pm and also in the mornings the dark remains longer. 

The older I get, the more I like sunshine. It's good for my joints, less pain in them when it's warm and dry. So I don't truly enjoy autumn and winter, especially not when it begins to snow. I don't mind snow, as long as it falls in places where it can't melt immediately. But here, it become mulch after a short while and it just ruins your shoes, as they pour kilo's of salt on the roads and pavements. 

I've washed and put away my summer clothing. Right now it's back to jeans and (light) sweaters. And a warm jacket to go outside. Soon I'll be needing my woollen hat as well. My hair is so thin and also very short, so I need protection when it's cold outside.

What I hate most is the rain. I don't know why or how, but I'm always feeling cold when it's raining. I just can't seem to get warm, my feet feel like ice clumps and my nose is running. 

And what about you? Do you enjoy autumn and winter, or are you also a summer person?

No comments:

Post a Comment