Monday, March 27, 2023

Weekend Manchester

Friday morning we took a plane to Manchester (yes, flying is cheaper than going by train!). We arrived there around 10.15 local time and so we still had a great part of the day left to enjoy our stay. The hotel we booked is quite near the center. This town center in Manchester is not too big to walk around. There are enough restaurants, cafĂ©'s, theatre, clubs and shops to thoroughly enjoy oneself. 


Our main goal for this visit was to see the musical My Fair Lady. When it was running in London, years ago, my sister wasn't interested but now she made no objections (mainly because an actor/singer she's following on Instagram took the main role, that of professor Higgins). And the show was super! Michael Xavier was great, as was the actress who played Eliza Doolittle. Even famous opera singer Lesley Garrett was in the show.

And for the rest we did some walking, having great lunches (and I could fully appreciate them, since I'm on a pauze with my pills - prescribed after my course of radiation) and do some good shopping. I don't know what it is, but whenever I'm in the UK I come home with some new items for my wardrobe!

No comments:

Post a Comment