Thursday, March 9, 2023

Course of radio therapy

 During the past days, I've been getting a course of radio therapy. This took place in the hospital in Aalst. In Belgium, not every hospital offers all the existing therapies. Our hospital got the newest type of ct-scanner, while in Aalst (13 km from Dendermonde) they have the equipment for radiation.   

I didn't have to worry about transport. The hospital arranged it. Each morning, I was picked up by a volunteer driver, and of course brought back home.

To my good fortune, I didn't feel any negative effects from the radiation. I wasn't tired, not nauseous, not having to sprint to the bathroom. In fact, I feel great. Now we have to hope that this therapy has the desired effect. We'll only know this in several weeks, even months. 

As of the end of this month, I'll resume my normal course of taking my daily pills, which are a kind of chemical chemo.

No comments:

Post a Comment