Thursday, January 10, 2019

First scan of this year

Yesterday, I had to be at the hospital for my first scan of this year. As a cancer patient, you need to take scans every 3-4 months. This is to see how everything goes, if the medicine is still effective. Now it is waiting for the result. I suppose it will be like this for the rest of my life.

With all these check-ups, I guess I'm living in a much healthier way than most. I mind what I eat and drink (although I allow myself some liberties, like having an icecream or eating pancakes, savoring a glass of wine) and I walk and bike a lot. Apart from being a cancer patient (which I'll always be, even if the tumor is gone) I'm fit and full of energy. I don't allow cancer to dominate my life. It's there, but all is going well, so why bother?

Must say the hospital is becoming something of a second (wait, that should be third) home to me! I spend so much time there that if feels like home. This afternoon I'll have to go once more, to have my blood checked. This is to see how my liver, one kidney etc. are doing. Last time the results were very good, hope it is again like that. I must mind not have too much cholesterol or sugar in my blood, because I only have one kidney and I must keep it in good working order.

No comments:

Post a Comment