Friday, April 23, 2021

Finally: vaccination against Covid19

 Yesterday afternoon, I could finally go to the vaccination center in Dendermonde (actually, it's in a neighboring village, Appels and you have to take the bus to reach it - at least when you don't have a car like we). I had to be there around 14.45 pm. It didn't take a lot of time to get my shot of Pfizer. I could take the 15.15 pm bus back to Dendermonde. 

I must admit I was glad to have been given Pfizer, as there seem to be some problems with trombosis with both AstraZeneca and Johnson&Johnson. They are both vector vaccins, while Pfizer and Moderna are RDNA vaccins. Trombosis and resulting death appear most in women who are still in their fertile age. Older women don't seem to have these problems, but still I prefer Pfizer. The waiting time between the two shots is not so long (5 weeks), which means I'll get my second one on May27th. With AstraZeneca it takes 3 months inbetween. 

The only thing I felt is a little stiffness in the muscles of my upper arm. It's already better by now.

We got more good news yesterday evening, as my sister also got her invitation for vaccination. She can come on May 10th and June 14th. So both of us will be fully vaccination by summer and hopefully we get our green vaccination pass by then, so we can travel freely in Europe.

No comments:

Post a Comment