Friday, May 28, 2021

Fully vaccinated!

Yesterday afternoon I got my second (and last) shot of Pfizer. So now I have to wait two to three weeks and then I'm fully protected against Covid19. Not that it's of a real worry, as I didn't even get the flu since I got vaccinated against Yellow Fever some odd thirty years ago (together with shots for cholera etc.) In those days, we travelled to Peru and Bolivia, Kenya and Thailand.

My sister gets her second Pfizer shot mid June. By then the corona passport should be introduced, and it would allow us to do as planned (we planned short trips in Europe, one in July and one in August). Already that long weekend in Antwerp felt like a break. And when summer starts, we may expect that the restaurants and cafés will be fully open (also inside) so that you can have lunch or dinner at ease, without having to worry about the weather conditions.

Also good news from Hilton. I got a mail, telling me I'd reach diamond status when I stay another 15 nights in their hotels. We got already three nights last weekend, and will have eight in summer. We are also looking forward to a weekend Brussels (2 nights) in September, and one in Antwerp (another 2 nights) in December. And when all plans go through, we'll have a long weekend in Birmingham (3 nights), a week in Dubai (7 nights) and a trip to Finland and Estland (9 nights). Definitely qualifies!

The vaccination campaign in Flanders is running smoothly. Our minister, Beke, had hoped to have all adults (people above 18) vaccinated by July 11th (feastday of the Flemish community) but due to problems with AstraZeneca and Johnson&Johnson it will only be around 85%. Pfizer is the only company you can depend on what concerns deliveries. The others always promise high number, but when the deliveries arrive, the numbers are always less.

As of next month, more will be possible in Belgium. And as the situation is improving, we'll hopefully lose the red status and go to orange or even green. When 85% of the adult population is vaccinated, the infections should lose their grip. 

No comments:

Post a Comment