Thursday, June 17, 2021

Got my European Vaccination Passport

 Yesterday morning, it was possible to download the app CovidSafe.be  here in Belgium. That's two weeks before the corona passport will be used in all EU countries. It took some time to download (too busy) but by noon I managed to get it done and now have official proof that I'm fully vaccinated. Also my sister, who only got her second shot on Monday, already has her passport.

The corona passport is a good thing, I think. Now we can travel or go to places without restrictions, such as tests and quarantine. 

By the time we start our first trip - which, by the way, has been changed again to a trip to Bordeaux, France instead of Luxemburg - my sister has been fully vaccinated for more than two weeks already, so hopefully we'll both be safe. Luckily, it's not in our habit to embrace or hug. We never did that, not even as kids. Our parents/grandparents loved us to bits, but they never showed it in such a way. Also, I can't remember I ever hugged my sister! Even at home, we keep distance. So being abroad won't change much in this pattern. We'll be careful when outdoors, to not come to closely with other people.  

Here in Belgium I feel pretty safe when dining in a restaurant, as the tables of the places we visit are seperated from each other and distances are kept. The same goes for the cafés. Last Sunday afternoon, we sat on a terrace at the Grand Place of Dendermonde, and it was covid-safe as well.

I'm really looking forward to returning more or less to normal life. For nearly two years, we've been living with this corona virus - who could have predicted this, like ten years ago?


No comments:

Post a Comment