Wednesday, June 29, 2022

A little scare

 On the first day of this month, I had my 4-monthly CT scan, to check out how the medication is working. After some hours, the oncologist told me she'd seen a 5 mm spot on my liver. The rest of the scan was good: the metastases on my pancreas and lungs are almost gone. 

The news was a bit scary, but dr. Bambust told me not to panic. She'd ask for a MRI scan to get a clearer picture. The dark spot could be a cyste or a metastasis. Unfortunately, the MRI scanner in our hospital is fully booked day and night (it's a new model and it services a broad area, not only Dendermonde) and getting an appointment could take some time. I got one for June 23rd, last week Thursday. Three weeks of not being fully at ease...

The scan took place in the late afternoon, so I could only contact dr. Bambust the day after. On Friday afternoon I heard that everything is ok. No metastasis! Needless to say I had a very good weekend. My sister was relieved as well. 

Tomorrow I'll have to go to the day clinic to have my regular bloods check, and then I'll hear a bit more from the doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment