Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Long weekend at Versailles

These are pretty busy tides for us. We've been (or are going to) abroad for every week now. The past (long) weekend we spent in Versailles, France. We stayed at the Trianon palace Hilton hotel, right in the middle of the former royal domain. I was able to exchange saved up Hilton Honors points to book the room for free for 3 nights - otherwise the price would have been a bit too steep!


Although - the palace of Versailles was a bit of a disappointment. I had thought it would be grander, more imposing. Only the Hall of Mirrors was up to standard. Chris and I have seen more beautiful palaces in other countries, like Schönbrunn in Wien, Austria or Hampton Court in the UK.  Only the gardens came up to our expectations.

Nevertheless, we had a nice stay. I can get used to some luxury! When I'd win the lottery, I'd use my money to travel first class all the time. But I'm never going to win a lottery, I'm not a lucky person. And the most important thing, health, can't be bought. Last Thursday I got some unexpected and a little worrying news concerning my cancer treatment. I have to undergo more scans to know more. So as long as I don't know how long I still have, I'm going to enjoy every day to the best of my ability. I still feel more or less healthy (always wake up with hurting feet, but that can be helped by paracetamol, and needing a toilet every now and then) but have lost all of my fat and am little more than a walking skeleton. 

No comments:

Post a Comment