Friday, August 24, 2018

Back home

The summer vacation has ended for my sister. Today she started work once more - well rested and full of new energy.

Even if I don't have to work anymore, I returned home with her. We've been living together our entire lives and are more or less like a couple. I've take the opportunity of running the washing machine already as inevitably there is a lot of washing to be done if you've been away for 8 weeks.

The kids have one more week of school vacation to go before they start a new schoolyear. So it was very quiet in town when I took my bike to run some errands. Lately, I use the bike more often to save my poor feet, which still hurt like hell at days. That's the one negative about the medication I'm on. But riding a bike is healthy (as long as you don't take a fall...) and you can carry quite a lot in the saddlebags.

When I returned home, the washing was done and I could hang out the wet linen. Not outside, as there's a threat of rain, but in our attic. It's a big space (all over the house) and ideal to dry the washing. It has windows that let through ventilation and in winter there's even heating provided. The attic is also well-isolated so in general the wash is dry in one to three days (depends on the weather).

Soon I can also start once more on my proofreading for Rogue Phoenix. Next to this I have so many things I like to do that I never feel a single dull moment.

And how is is for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment