Friday, September 28, 2018

#MeToo is losing credibility

Just want to state: this is my opinion. I find it ok that women are made aware of what can and what not. But sorry, I think it's not done 30 or 40 years later!

Just take that guy Kavanaugh in the US. Being accused of improper behavior now he wants to become a judge. That woman who witnessed against him was barely believable. She had to READ her statement from a paper! Well, if something had happened to me - even so many years ago - I'd be able to tell exactly how and when.

That's what I mean. I'm taught that nobody (man or woman) should touch me if I don't want to. Not even family. I was taught by a woman whom I admire very much: my grandmother on mother's side. I grew up with her and granddad, as my parents were out working all day until my sister was born five years later and our mum stayed home then. Grandma was a tough woman. She lived through two world wars and had a courage few can show. She never showed she was afraid. She taught me from the time I was only 1,5 or 2 that the world had many bad people and I should be aware of that. She said I should never accompany someone who promised me an icecream or chocolate. And I should do what I wanted, not what the rest of the group did. It made me strong as well. There were reasons enough for kids to have bullied me at school (for instance my bad eye, even not ok after an operation) but nobody ever did. They were afraid of what I might do to them!

So I say that it's ok to report abuse - but you should do it immediately. And not mind who that person is. Nodoy touches me where and when I don't want to, and they'd know it, be it a king or a president or whoever!

People nowadays are a bit exaggerating with the #MeToo movement. I find it's become a way to settle old scores. If I want to take on someone, I just have to claim he 'touched' me 30 years ago! Is that correct? I should think not!

No comments:

Post a Comment