Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Invasion of the cold

The weather is really crazy! Up to three days ago, it was way too warm for the time of year. We got sunny days that reminded more of late summer than of autumn. And now we're into deep winter!

From one day to another, the temperature dropped and it began to freeze at night. Add to this a strong wind blowing in from the east, and you get a feeling of being dropped in a freezer.

I've been going out, dressed like one who goes to Siberia. Various layers of clothing, a warm coat, sjawl, warm bonnet and gloves. I normally never wear gloves, but now they are useful.

When I'm walking, I need constantly to wipe the tears from my eyes, and blow my running nose.

Normally I don't mind the cold, but I hate it when there is so much wind! If this drops, the temperature will become bearable again.

How is the weather where you live?

No comments:

Post a Comment