Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Mobiscore

Our Flemish government launched a new tool yesterday: the mobiscore. This will help to sell your house/flat in that it tells the prospective buyer how near they are to schools, public transport, shops and restaurants, hospital, ...

I did the test just a moment ago and my house score 8/10 - which is a rather good score. Most houses score around 5-6. But then the railwaystation and bus station are only at a 5-minutes walk from the house. So are at least two schools (it's ten minutes to the rest of the schools). In the town center (10 minutes to walk) there are supermarkets, shops, restaurants, hairdressers and barbers, agencies for whatever. That's why I like living here. Everything is close-by.

The only minus to this new tool is that it is not obliged to mention when selling, as is the energy-saving score. I haven't got the score calculated, but I suppose there will be minus points for some points in the construction. That's normal when a house is nearly 100 years old. I had the roof isolated and we have double glazing, next to a boiler which is the newest technology. That's about all I can do whithout having to tear the house down and built a new one.

Do you have these obligations in selling also in other countries?

No comments:

Post a Comment