Saturday, August 31, 2019

Last day of summer

And it goes out with a bang! Today they predict temperatures up to 31° Celsius. The sky is blue, the sun is shining. A fitting end of summer, isn't it?

As of tomorrow, the temperatures will drop some ten degrees, but then it's still nice weather. Not a lot of rain coming in the next week.

For everyone under 18 it's back to school on Monday (and also for the teachers and all other personel who man the school administration). Some will go gladly, others will weep.

It's strange, but since I'm pensioned I don't reckon with schoolyears anymore. That's because you don't have to work anymore (at least not at school - I keep busy enough with my proofreading and trying to keep the house more or less in order).

Before we'll know it, the year will be gone once more and then we're into 2020. When I was a young lass, that looked like a very, very far future! But now I'm hoping to put on a couple of years after that. Being a cancer patient makes you grateful for every day extra. I feel fine, up to now all results of blood testing and scans are good. Fingers crossed! And there is one positive effect too. I've lost all the fat I gathered since I was forty, and gone back to the size of my youth - a European 40 or 12 UK. I eat more than enough, but it doesn't stick!

No comments:

Post a Comment