Monday, November 4, 2019

Return of inspiration

Ever since I was diagnosed with cancer, now a full two years ago, I couldn't find the inspiration of continuing on one or two books I'd started. At that time, I had two WIP's: the sequence to Diamonds for the Devil (part one of the Medici Diamonds) and a time-change story about a witch who must perform some good deeds before finging redemption.

But then it was found out I had a tumor and it had to be removed. As you know, all went well and I'm fine now (or rather, as fine as I can be) with the illness under control. I don't suffer as much from side-effects to the heavy drug I'm taking anymore, and that makes life a lot better. A year ago, I wasn't able to walk properly because my feet hurt like hell and for the rest I had to run to the bathroom nearly at the most undesired moments - very inconvenient when travelling! But nowadays that all seems like it never existed. I can walk miles once more and my bowels behave most of the time.

Now, I found that gradually ideas pop up in my head. These past days I got some great ideas for Curse of the Diamonds (part two of Medici Diamonds) and I'll be retrieving the manuscript soon and set myself to writing once more. I want this book to be as good as the first one and for a long time I felt this wouldn't work out. But now the ideas arrive and I see how it might work after all. Of course, I'll be busy for some time! I'd just written the first chapters of the book and Julie is only beginning her many adventures...

No comments:

Post a Comment