Thursday, December 5, 2019

Time travel

Next year, the new Diana Gabaldon (Outlander) will be published. To prepare myself for it, I'm re-reading the novels in this series. This may take some time, because all novels are quite voluminous, and of course I also read other novels in-between!

The concept of time-travel is interesting, I think. As a young girl I often wondered how it would be to be transported into the seventeenth century and function at the court of England's Charles II. Was he really that fond of ladies???

And how would one feel that came from the Dark Middle Ages and found himself in the 21st century, with fast cars, planes, cell-phones and such?

As a novelist, you can do great things with these notions. A pity that going back/forth in time isn't actually possible (yet?). I wouldn't mind being a time-explorer. I've always been curious to find out things. As a toddler I wanted to feel how warm the stove was, so I just put my arm to it. Have had a burn scar for more than 20 years. But I knew a stove WAS hot.

What about you? Are you also curious to know about other times? Other experiences? If so, don't mind to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment