Thursday, May 14, 2020

Birthday coming up

It's my birthday tomorrow - but it won't be one like usual. Of course I'll receive cards and mails, wishing me well. In normal circumstances, though, we'd go out to have a nice dinner in a restaurant we like to visit. Now they are still closed and we'll have to do without.

Luckily I have a sister who cooks fairly well. She has promised to make pepper steak with home-made pommes frites and a tasty salad of witlof - and there will be a birthday cake as well. (I'll have to go and buy it at the bakery myself, but who cares?) And a bit of bubbly later in the evening.

As soon as the safety measure allow, we'll go to the seaside and have lunch or dinner in one of our favorite restaurants, that's for sure.

I miss feeling the sea breeze playing around my head. And walks on the boardwalk or the beach. It brings peace and recharges the mind. It brings energy. Being cooped up at home doesn't - even when we can sit outside when the sun shines. It just isn't the same...

And what about you? Do you miss anything now that this corona business is going on?

No comments:

Post a Comment