Friday, September 4, 2020

Lottery for a covid19 vaccin

By the end of March 2021, there will probably be a working vaccin against Covid19 in Belgium. That's the good news.

The bad one is, Belgium will only get about 1,2 million of these vaccins at that time. Not enough for everyone.

Belgium has around 11 million inhabitants. If you take into account those who first need to be vaccinated (health workers, people over 65, those who runs health risks - like I am) you already come to more than 5 million.

So now someone utters the idea of having a lottery to get a vaccin. How crazy can you be???

And counting my luck in everything, I won't be among those who 'win' a vaccin... I just keep being careful when around people and not hugging or kissing anybody. Furthermore, I foster some hope that my vaccination against yellow fever can help. Some prof in Belgium is working on creating a Covid19 vaccin based on just that yellow fever one. Once vaccinated, you are protected for life. Yellow fever vaccin is also the base of the one for Ebola and some other dangerous virusses. So I suppose the yellow fever vaccin does protect me already in some way. Fact is, I haven't been infected by Covid by now, even when being a risk patient. My immune system still works pretty well.

And what about you? Do you also have the same problem where you live? Or will you get a vaccin soon?

No comments:

Post a Comment