Friday, September 11, 2020

Postal mixup

During two to three weeks, I've been experiencing problems with the postal system. Bpost (the official postal service here in Belgum) really sucks!!!

What happened? Well, as we were staying at the coast for most of the summer, we had our post sent through to our address there. You have to fill in a form, pay up - done. This temporary service was set to last until half of August.

We returned home on August 24th, didn't find any post there in our box. Well, at first you think it can happen. But the following week, we equally didn't receive anything. Strange! By then I expected at least a letter from the tax office, an invitatation to pay the taxes on my property. And my sister expected a bill from the water agency, in which the costs over the year were detailed. Neither of these was delivered.

Thank God there is the internet. A couple of searches made clear that both letters had indeed been sent (and also specified details of what to pay and when). Weaponed with this knowledge I contacted the post service.

I received an answer which did not address my worries at all. So another - less polite and friendly - mail was sent back.

At last somebody seemed to understand. By this week we do receive mail once more. The postal stamps I had ordered and paid (and didn't get) will be send anew. But still haven't got an answer as to what happened with the rest. A package from the UK was returned to sender and I'm now waiting to have my money back. I can pay my bill to the tax office and in the future will look at the internet to make sure. My sister equally could pay her bill to the water service.

Next year we won't be sending our post to our second address. We'll ask the neighbors to pick up the post and let us know. When all goes as planned, we'll be returning to Dendermonde a couple of times, so if anything needs to get paid, there will still be enough time to do it.

Do you also have problems with your postal service, or goes everything smoothly?

No comments:

Post a Comment