Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Scan tomorrow

 It's time again for my 4 monthly scan of the abdomen. I hope it goes somewhat better than the last time, in May. I'm not talking about the result (I'm not worried about that) but about the organisation.

To start with, the previous scan was in lockdown time. I had to take a corona test before I was permitted to have the scan. When I presented myself at the hospital, I didn't have to go to the normal unit (the day-clinic, as they call it here) but somewhere in a ward. The procedure goes as follows: an hour before the actual scan is taken, you need to drink one liter of a fluid (that way they see better what's inside) and then you go to the unit and you're allowed inside. That time I sat in the waiting area for more than half an hour. Very pleasant when you've drunk a lot of fluid and need the toilet - which you aren't allowed before the scan!

Now, I wasn't invited to take a corona test, so hopefully the rest goes as usual too. I'm rather in the day clinic where you know people and can have  a talk (corona proof, as the distance between the seats is wide enough) and you also know the nursing personel by sight. 

We'll know tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment