Friday, February 12, 2021

Holiday at home

 Normally, I would have been sitting on the train to Knokke this morning. Originally we planned to spend the school holiday (named crocus holiday) at the coast. But the governor of West-Flanders gave out new rules, obliging everyone to wear a face mask everywhere where there are buildings. We didn't much like to be walking around like that. 

Both my sister and I have an aversion to wearing a face mask. It hinders unbelievably. When it's cold like now (still degrees in the minus), I can't see a thing through my glasses. And without them is also not safe. Chris sweats a lot under the mask. That makes her skin raw. I actually don't see the need to wear such a mask. If you keep your distance from others, isn't that enough?

So we decided to stay at home. Actually, it's not a bad thing, with those renovations going on next door. The person who owns this house (still don't have a clue as to who it is) has hired a crew of Polish (or other Eastern country) guys to carrry out the renovations. They've been working (!) for six weeks now and you hardly see a thing changed. From what we pick up, they seem to be a gang of good-for-nothings. It's best we stay at home so we can follow what they do. I'm afraid to find a hole in one of my walls when I's go away for a while.

There won't be a problem keeping busy. We can do a thorough clean of the house and when the weather's fine we can go out for a walk. Also we will have time to decently plan our trip for next year Easter. 


No comments:

Post a Comment