Monday, February 8, 2021

It's winter!

 Here in Flanders we're experiencing a real winter period. It's freezing, and yesterday and this morning also some snow was falling. For the rest of the week the temperatures will be below zero (Celsius) - also during the day. At night it can easily freeze - 10° or -15°... 

I had to go to the shops this morning, so I prepared properly. Dressed in layers, to be warm all over. Added my warmest coat, a thick shawl and bonnet, warm gloves, put my snow shoes on my feet. Walking wasn't a problem, even where the snow hadn't been cleared. And I didn't feel cold, even when it was well beyond zero. 

That's the strange thing with me. When it rains, I always feel cold. When it freezes (and especially when the sun is shining during the day, as will happen as of tomorrow) I don't seem to feel the cold. I can equally bear dry heat. My bones need dry weather. If I had more than enough money (still hoping for a big win in the lottery, ha!) I'd spend the entire winter in some country where it's relatively warm in winter.

There wasn't a lot of traffic around this morning. The cars that drove by went very slowly. The trains are riding too, albeit with some delay. In Holland there is no public transport and they closed the schools because of the weather conditions. There they are hoping it freezes real hard so they can go skating.

How's the weather where you live?

No comments:

Post a Comment